Thank you for invigilating at Telford College for academic year 2022 – 2023.
This course is designed to meet the JCQ’s requirement for the existing invigilation team (which includes “experienced staff” who are familiar with the JCQ Instructions for Conducting Examinations (ICE) to be annually updated so that they are aware of any changes within the JCQ publication ICE that impact on the role of the invigilator.
This course also includes a review of the ten key areas related to the conducting of examinations.
In addition to an awareness of regulation changes for the current academic year, it is good practice for experienced/existing invigilators to refresh their knowledge and understanding of JCQ requirements in the following areas:
- Accommodation (ICE section 11)
- The people present (ICE section 17)
- Question papers, stationery and other equipment (ICE section 18)
- Starting the examination (ICE section 19)
- Dealing with candidates who arrive late (ICE section 21)
- Completing the attendance register (ICE section 22)
- Leaving the examination room (ICE section 23)
- Dealing with malpractice and emergencies (ICE sections 24, 25)
- Finishing the exam (ICE section 26)
- Collecting scripts, unused stationery and releasing questions papers (ICE sections 27, 30, 31)
Please refer to Telford College invigilator handbook, JCQ Instructions for Conducting Examinations (ICE) which instructs how the College must deliver timetabled written and on-screen examinations and JCQ Invigilator checklist – JCQ Joint Council for Qualifications which summarises the most essential actions for invigilating written examinations.
At the conclusion of this training session, you will have the skills to ensure:
- that you are clear of your role and responsibilities as an invigilator
- familiarity with JCQ regulation changes in the Instructions for Conducting Examinations
- familiarity with key areas associated with the conducting of examinations in line with JCQ regulations
- that you are prepared to invigilate examinations during the 2022/2023 academic year