Progression Event 2018
What’s your career worth? Progression Event 2018
By this we mean how much do you want to earn after college?
With a level two qualification you’ll potentially earn around £15,000* per year.
Did you know, on average you’ll earn 22%* more with level three qualifications compared to those with level two qualifications?
Over a 35 year career that equates to an extra £115,500 extra in your salary.
That could buy your first home, an Audi R8 or 1150 pairs of Nike Air Max.
Mehwish Khan’s progression journey
- Health & Social Care Level 3
- Access to Health & Social Care
- Foundation Degree in Health & Social Care
- BA Honours Degree in Health & Social Pilicy
- My ambition is to progress my career within NSPCC and the police service and improve the quality of life for the community I serve.
Mehwish explains: “Telford College is a way forward into a practical life and it opens many doors to variety of opportunities and progression is at the heart of the college.
“I’ve nearly finished my bachelor’s degree and I’m looking forward to my graduation. I had a great time at Telford College and I’ll always look back fondly.”
“I hope to have a career within the police force in a community role, the skills I’ve learned from college have helped me to get where I am today.”
Moving up the scale
With a degree-level qualification you could earn a whopping £483,000* extra over your 35 year career, compared to those with a level two qualification.
It pays to get a higher-level qualification, at Telford College we have progression routes for everyone up to degree-level.
Our degree-level qualifications give you the skills and qualities employers are looking for, which can take you straight into a professional career. Discover more about our higher education here.
What to do next?
- Talk to your tutor about progressing to the next level.
- Haybridge students please ensure you attend your tutorials between 11 – 15 June.
- King street students please ensure you attend your tutorials between 18 – 22 June.
- Future Focus are available to talk to in student services Tuesdays 9am – 5pm King street, Wednesdays 9am – 5pm Haybridge and Thursdays 9am – 2pm Haybridge, please pop down to arrange an appointment for careers advice.
- Talk to Frank Stretton our progression coordinator who is also based in student services and you’ll be supported to secure your place for September, please complete the for at the bottom of this page if you wish one to one support from Frank. .
- You could look into your career progression options using National Careers Service website, this is a helpful website which gives you ideas about industries, qualifications skills and salary expectations.
Define your future at Telford College, secure your place for September and progress into your career.
We offer up to level 5 courses, stay local and go far with Telford College.
Please complete this form to arrange a call back from Frank Stretton, progression coordinator.
Thu23Aug2018→Fri07Sep20188:30 am → 5:00 pm Telford College
GCSE Progression Hubs
Thu23Aug20188:30 am → 5:00 pm Telford College
GCSE Results Day
Thu06Sep20186:00 pm → 9:00 pm Telford College
Higher Education & Access Enrolment
Fri21Sep20185:30 pm → 7:00 pm TF1 2NP
Higher Education graduation