Teaching Assistant – Kickstart Academy
- Closing Date:
- Interview Date:
- Job Description:
- £ 17,146 - £ 17,146
The purpose of the post is to work under the guidance of teaching/senior staff and within an agreed system of supervision, to implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom. This could include those requiring detailed and specialist knowledge in particular areas and will involve assisting the teacher in the whole planning cycle and the management/preparation of resources. Staff may also supervise whole classes occasionally during the short term absence of teachers. The primary focus will be to maintain good order and to keep pupils on task.
Support for pupils
- Use specialist (curricular/learning) skills/training/experience to support pupils.
- Assist with the development and implementation of individual education plans.
- Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom.
- Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs.
- Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all pupils in activities.
- Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement.