The Kickstart Academy is overseen by a board of governors/trustees. There are three core functions performed by the governing body:
- Setting the strategic direction of the Academy
- Holding the senior members of staff to account
- Ensuring financial probity
Also, academy trusts are charitable companies and the trustees are company directors; therefore they must ensure the Academy complies with both charity and company law requirements. This is largely the same as those of a governor of a maintained school, such as regularly attending meetings, managing conflicts of interest, seeking advice from the senior managers and ensuring appropriate procedures are in place for reporting financial information.
The Board is supported by the Clerk. The role of the Clerk is to provide advice on governance, constitutional and procedural matters; provide effective administrative support to the Board and its committees; and manage information effectively in accordance with legal requirements.
For information about the Kickstart Academy Board, contact Stephanie Morley, Clerk to the Kickstart Academy – 01952 642294 / email@example.com
- Governing Body Meetings
- Kickstart Academy Ofsted report
- Kickstart Academy Governing body members
- Kickstart governors register of interests 16-17
- Kickstart Academy Signed Accounts 16-17
- Kickstart Academy Signed Accounts 17-18
- Kickstart Code of Conduct 2018