A member of Telford College’s student council has compiled a list of top tips to help home
study go smoothly.
Lindsey Ellis, from Hadley, is a level five HND computing student who is keeping in touch with tutors and fellow students through online portals such as the Discord Teaching Platform.
- We are taking online applications HERE
- Find course options here
- APPLY to start an APPRENTICESHIP here
She has put together a list of 10 tips to help other students maximise their home study time – and make sure they set aside time for themselves too.
- Stay calm and focused on the end goal. Think about what you want to achieve, when you reach the end of the tunnel.
- Study in a calm environment so that you are able to put your mind to your studies and concentrate really well.
- Reward yourself and have time for yourself, to prevent being overworked; do things at a pace that is suitable for you.
- Make sure you sleep well and have plenty of rest in order for your body to repair itself properly.
- Communicate with your tutors to get the help and support you need – because that’s what they are there for. They are there to help you.
- Have faith, because you will get to where you want to go.
- Come up with a schedule that is suitable and realistic.
- Prioritise what work needs doing urgently, and use a checklist to keep you on track.
- Make sure you are away from distractions that may be surrounding your environment.
- Work hard each day from Monday to Friday by spreading the workload . . . and then have weekends off.
Telford College has pulled together a list of useful online study resources on its website. It can be found HERE
It has also published a new section dedicated to student wellbeing. CLICK HERE to access the student wellbeing page