Parent Portal Login.
Welcome to parents/guardians
At Telford College, we extend a warm welcome to your son/daughter/ward and will do everything to help them achieve their educational hopes and ambitions.
We provide wrap-around care for our students within a College which has state-of-the art facilities and provides a stimulating and friendly environment in which to learn. We deliver courses which equip students with skills and qualifications to support their journey into employment or higher education, or to gain an Apprenticeship.
We place importance on employability skills, such as excellent time-keeping and attendance, respect for others, self-discipline and responsibility.
We encourage you to be involved in your son/daughter/wards education and look forward to meeting you at Parents Evening.
- Functional Skills English Exam dates January 9, 2017 ‚Üí January 20, 2017
- Functional Skills English Exam dates February 13, 2017 ‚Üí February 17, 2017
- Functional Skills English Exam dates March 27, 2017 ‚Üí April 7, 2017
- Functional Skills English Exam dates April 22, 2017
- GCSE Exam dates – Maths May 25, 2017
- Functional Skills English Exam dates June 5, 2017
- GCSE Exam dates – English June 6, 2017
- GCSE Exam dates – Maths June 8, 2017
- GCSE Exam dates – English June 12, 2017
Free College Meals
Is your child missing out on entitlement for a College meal? The Government gives the College funds which we need to give out.
Check the list below and you or your child can come and have a confidential meeting with a Grants Advisor to get more information and an application form if:
- Your child is 16-18 on 31 August 2016
- Your child or his/her parent gets:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided not entitled to Working Tax Credit ) and have an annual gross income of no more than ¬£16,190 (assessed by HM Customs and Revenue)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (rules apply)
For more information – come and see Grants or email firstname.lastname@example.org in Grants for an application form and confidential chat. Telephone Linda Willetts on 01952 642295
Learner or parent welcome come and see us.
We hope to see you at Parents Evening when you can meet the staff and talk about your son/daughter/ward and their progress.
|December 13, 2016
English and Maths : Book Appointment
In order to remove barriers to further education, the government provides Telford College with funds to help the most financially disadvantaged students with the costs of coming to college. We can help with –
- Travel expenses (including our College buses from Bridgnorth and Market Drayton)
- Kit and uniform
- College meals
- UCAS fees and university visits
For further information, please contact Grants on 01952 642523.
Attendance at College
We expect all our students to attend all classes, work placements and other events for which they are scheduled. If students are persistently late or have unauthorised absence, this is dealt with under the Disciplinary Code.
If students know they cannot attend College they, or you must call, at 9 am on the same day, the School Administration Support Worker on the number given to them by their Personal Tutor to inform of the reason for the absence.
If we have not received a call from the student or you, the College staff will contact the student or you. If we are concerned about your son’s/daughter’s/ward’s l attendance level, we will contact you to enable us to work together to ensure your son/daughter/ward is on track.
Non-attendance can affect Grants given to students so any absence and the reason must be reported to the Grants Department in Learner Services.
Southwater One is the home of the Council’s customer service First Point, offering advice, support and information from a wide range of Council and partner services.
Citizens Advice provide free advice on a range of subjects. You can access advice online, by phone and at local offices.
What to do if you are worried a child is being abused. Useful information on how to keep children and young people safe.
Practical advice on protecting children from extremism and radicalisation.
Information aimed at parents to help keep their children safe online.
Guide to help parents who are worried about their children’s mental health. Telephone helpline also available via the website.
Parents against child exploitation a site that contains information about what CSE is to recognising the signs and getting support.
The Freephone 24 Hour National Domestic Violence Helpline, run in partnership between Women’s Aid and Refuge, is a national service for women experiencing domestic violence, their family, friends, colleagues and others calling on their behalf.
Help and support for male victims of domestic violence.
Stop it now provides information and support for users of illegal online images and those around them, helping to cope with difficult emotions and to change problematic behaviours.
Know more about the drugs by exploring our A-Z of drugs, read about treatment or to find out what services are available to you locally. And of course, you or your friend can call FRANK anytime on 0300 123 6600 for confidential advice.
Information and resources website which aims to raise awareness about child sexual abuse, answer questions and give adults the information, advice, support and facts, they need to help protect children.
An impartial Advice and Guidance ‘flipbook’ document to help parents and school leavers to make the right choice. This is also downloadable and you can use the controls to view it full-screen.
- Smoke Free Policy [ View ] [ Download ]
- Parents Pack – Whats the problem [ View ] [ Download ]
- Citizenship Code and Disciplinary Policy [ View ] [ Download ]
- College Calendar [ View ] [ Download ]
- CATE guide for students and parent/carer [ View ] [ Download ]
- How can parents/carers help their children to keep safe? [ View ] [ Download ]
- Be safe, Believe in children, Barnardo’s [ View ] [ Download ]
- A guide to help support a child/young person who self-harms [ View ] [ Download ]
- Is my child ready to be left alone? [ View ] [ Download ]
- Parent/Carer College Guide 2016/17 [ View ] [ Download ]
- Student Search Policy [ View ] [ Download ]
- Safeguarding and Child Protection [ View ] [ Download ]
- Academic Misconduct Policy [ View ] [ Download ]