Services to employers
From business start- ups to national brands, our services for employers will drive your business forward.
Telford College is a new organisation following the successful merger between TCAT and New
College making us the largest provider in the borough. We can provide you with innovative, impactful and cost effective training solutions for your new and existing staff.
We can also provide you with access to world-class facilities and services including our automotive, construction and engineering centres, on-site restaurant, sports dome and pitches, hair and beauty salons and creative hub.
We work with you to identify potential sources of funding, devise a training development plan to match your resources, timeframes and business objectives.
What do our business development team provide you?
Our experienced and professional business development team provides free impartial advice and a range of employment services to assist businesses with recruitment and redundancy training needs.
We can support your business, at every stage of development by:
- Addressing skills shortages
- Free recruitment and selection service
- Developing new talent with apprenticeships
- Work-based, professional and higher level qualifications for existing staff
- Tailored and bespoke training for your business
- Conference, meeting and event spaces
- Short courses to develop skills for continuous development
- Provision of venues and staffing for recruitment events
- Customised pre-recruitment training packages
- Training for staff at risk from redundancy
- English and maths for your workforce
Free recruitment service
We provide a bespoke and free service to support you in recruiting your apprentices.
- Produce high quality promotional materials and detailed job descriptions to attract suitable candidates
- Advertise the vacancy on the apprenticeship online matching service at no cost to you
- Advertise internally on our job boards to our 8,000 students in college
- Shortlist and refer suitable candidates to you for interview
- Initial assessments prior to interview for English and maths
- Advise you on selection methods and help with interviewing
Five reasons why apprenticeships will benefit your business
An apprenticeship programme is tailored to specific job roles, making them flexible to meet the needs of your skills shortage. Learning can often be done in your workplace, maintaining minimal disruption and maximum impact.
- INVESTING in staff is a great way to create a culture of loyalty and success
- GROW your business and talent
- Attract NEW TALENT and FRESH PERSPECTIVE into your business, whilst moulding them to your organisations way of working
- BOOST your profits and the local economy – 81% of consumers favour a company which employs apprentices
- All the training support you will need to DEVELOP SKILLS for your business
We offer a range of apprenticeships:
- Brick work
- Built environment
- Business improvement techniques
- Business & administration including medical administration
- Cleaning & environmental support services
- Clinical health care
- Construction – trades
- Construction – civil engineering
- Construction - operations
- Customer service
- Electrical installation
- Facilities management
- Manufacturing – PMO/Food
- Health & social care
- Highways maintenance
- Hospitality & catering
- Learning & development
- Motor vehicle
- Operational Deliver Officer
- Property maintenance
- Supply chain
- Supporting teaching & learning
- Team leading
- Warehouse & logistics
Apprenticeship funding update – The levy and you
To help the government achieve its target to create three million apprenticeship starts by summer 2020, the chancellor’s latest Autumn Statement outlines some notable changes to the way apprenticeships are in England are funded.
From April 2017, large employers from both the private and public sectors will have to pay into a new apprenticeship levy.
This is a mandatory tax which applied to companies with a UK payroll bill over £3 million each year.
Telford College have an experience team that can help you to understand how these changes will affect your business and how it could be used as an opportunity for your organisation.
Contact the team for further information: 01952 642452 or email email@example.com.
The diagram needs changing as I have pinched this – caps need to be dropped in copy
The Telford Way at Telford College
The Telford Way is a two-way exchange of ideas and information, enabling employers to grow and develop through access to a suitably qualified, motivated and skilled workforce. More details can be provided to you by our expert team.
Download your copy here Employers | The Telford Way | Telford College
Did you know?
- Telford College is a CSCS Test Centre
- Telford College offer a range of Distance Learning courses – study in your own time.