Last update: July 2023
This accessibility statement applies to the Telford College website, www.telfordcollege.ac.uk.
This website is run by Telford College. We want as many people as possible to be able to use our website and have taken steps to ensure that it is accessible as possible and that you can adjust hot it appears to fit your need.
For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 200% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
We have implemented ReciteMe, which provides many assistive technologies – this can be accessed by clicking ‘Accessibility tools’ at the top of each web page. ReciteMe allows you to:
- have our website text and documents read aloud
- change the background colour of the website and the colour of the text
- change font sizes
- change font
- zoom in on any part of a web page
- translate our website into over 100 languages
- lookup any word in the dictionary
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- the text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- some tables will not reflow neatly when you change the size of the browser window
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- there’s a limit to how far you can magnify the map on our ‘contact us’ page
- some labels and descriptions on forms cannot be zoomed into 200%
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 01952 642284
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 15 days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the digital services team by emailing email@example.com or call the helpdesk on 01952 642284.
Please note this page is still under development and will have additional information added shortly.