The Health Professionals route equips you with the skills you need for an exciting, challenging career in the health service. You’ll be introduced to the healthcare system, and discover the underpinning principles of care and reflective practice. If you dream of becoming a midwife, or are thinking of working in the NHS as a nurse or paramedic, this course will provide you with the tools you need to succeed in higher education.
Topics and units
An example of course units are:
– Communication within Healthcare
– The Roles and Responsibilities of Health Care Professionals
– Equality and Diversity within Healthcare
– Introduction to Sociology
– Understanding Poverty
– Abnormal Psychology
– Human Nutrition and the Digestive System
– Human Reproduction, Growth and Development
– Brain Structure and Function
– Respiration and Circulation
– Technical Skills for Writing
– Preparing to Study
– Progressing to Higher Education
– Speaking and Listening
– Extended Essay
Careers and progression
The course provides UCAS points that will allow you to apply for courses in a wide range of fields including those within the health sector.
Careers: Midwifery, nursing (adult, child, mental health), paramedic, health promotion, social prescriber
3-5 GCSEs at grade C or above, including maths and English. Routes are available if you need to attain GCSE maths/English
Access to HE Diplomas are accredited by AIM Group
What to do next
If you are interested in applying for this course, please click ‘apply now‘ on this page or at the top of any page, and create an website account or sign in an account you have already created and complete the application form.
To find out more information about our courses and college life, you can visit an open event to meet our team and check out our facilities for yourself.
Haybridge Road, Telford