For students with complex or severe needs, supported by an EHCP.
This programme is aimed at developing students’ independent living skills, domestic skills, and their ability to safely access their local community. With an understanding that some of our students will never be fully independent we strive to teach them to be as independent as possible.
This programme is supplied with a high staff to student ratio to ensure students are provided with the required guidance and supervision needed to ensure their development and safety.
• Written around your needs and interests
• Small groups with lots of support
• Developing communication skills
• Accessing the local community safely
• Developing and maintaining friendships
• Keeping ourselves healthy e.g., diet, exercise, mental health, and anxiety.
• Volunteering – how we can help our local community
• Travel awareness
• Independent living and domestic skills e.g., cooking, cleaning, shopping.
Usually special school leavers, aged 16, usually assessed as pre entry milestone 7- entry level 2 with an identified SEN need. Students will be supported by an EHCP. Students still receive specialist support but can learn in small groups or with a high ratio of support. Students at The Willow Tree Centre may have an additional diagnosis of profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), complex needs and/ or challenging behaviour; they will usually be assessed as pre entry milestone 3-6 and will be supported by an EHCP. Students within this provision will have a higher ratio of support based on individual needs.
Non accredited (no qualifications required- students will be individually assessed using RARPA).