Dementia affects around 820,000 people in the UK. This figure is likely to rise to one million by 2025 and two million by 2051. It is one of the main causes of disability in later life and with research being desperately underfunded, it costs the UK over £26 billion a year. This course is all about understanding dementia and the person-centred care that is fundamental to high quality care.
– Dementia awareness
– The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with Dementia
– Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
– Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
– Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person-centred approach
– Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
– Benefits of engaging in activities in social care
By undertaking this programme, learners will be able to further their own continuous professional development, which may improve their career prospects. Learners may then wish to progress on to further qualifications.
To enrol for Telford College Distance Learning you must be aged 19+ as of the 31/08/21, be a resident of England and have lived in the EU for the last three years. You cannot be currently studying on any other course with us or another provider.
This is a Distance Learning programme. On enrolment you will be issued with all the relevant online learning materials required to complete the qualification. These materials have been officially endorsed by the Awarding Organisation, NCFE CACHE. The learning materials comprise a set of high-quality online knowledge workbooks alongside an easily accessible electronic platform that allows learners to complete a portfolio of evidence and demonstrate their achievement of all the learning outcomes associated with each unit. Learners are also assigned an assessor whom they can speak to should they require advice at any stage.