Students on this course will learn and demonstrate the skills needed to work with children, completing coursework alongside placement.
1 day a week in college and a minimum of 1 day a week in work placement.
Topics and units
– Schools and colleges as organisations
– Support health and safety
– Develop professional relationships with children and adults
– Understand how young children develop
– Support positive behaviour
– Support children during activities
– Support English and maths
– Support the use of IT
– Support assessment for learning
– Engage in PPD
Work placement opportunities:
Work placement is mandatory. Settings may include primary schools, secondary schools and colleges.
Careers and progression
Progressing to: Access to Higher Education and Foundation Degree course at Telford College.
Aspirational careers: Senior roles in primary, secondary or special needs schools and colleges
A good standard of English and maths is required, which could include GCSE or functional skills. A DBS will be required.
What to do next
If you are interested in applying for this course, please click ‘apply now‘ on this page or at the top of any page, and create an website account or sign in an account you have already created and complete the application form.
To find out more information about our courses and college life, you can visit an open event to meet our team and check out our facilities for yourself.
Haybridge Road, Telford