Students on this course will learn and demonstrate the skills needed to work with children, completing coursework alongside placement.
1 day a week in college and a minimum of 1 day a week in work placement.
– Schools and colleges as organisations
– Support health and safety
– Develop professional relationships with children and adults
– Understand how young children develop
– Support positive behaviour
– Support children during activities
– Support English and maths
– Support the use of IT
– Support assessment for learning
– Engage in PPD
Work placement opportunities:
Work placement is mandatory. Settings may include primary schools, secondary schools and colleges.
Progressing to: Access to Higher Education and Foundation Degree course at Telford College.
Aspirational careers: Senior roles in primary, secondary or special needs schools and colleges
A good standard of English and maths is required, which could include GCSE or functional skills. A DBS will be required.