For students with severe or moderate needs, supported by an EHCP.
This programme is aimed at developing students’ work-readiness and employability skills.
Again, with an understanding that some of our students may not ever be fully independent in accessing a work placement we strive to teach them the skills needed to be as independent as possible in a working environment.
Students will be provided with lots of opportunities to complete internal work experience placements within the college, including our business enterprises in retail, hospitality and catering, horticulture, and cleaning and housekeeping. This provides students with a safe and familiar environment in which they can begin to learn and develop their work-related skills. Once the skills are embedded and the students are confident, our Work Experience Coordinator will then look to source external placements.
By exposing the students to different working environments at this stage, it allows our staff to support them in making an informed decision about what job they may wish to pursue in the future.
• Written around your needs and interests
• Employability skills e.g., CV writing and interview skills
• Volunteering – how we can help our local community
• Internal and external work experience placements
• Travel training
• Independent living e.g., managing a simple budget
• Domestic skills e.g., cooking and shopping
• Keeping ourselves healthy e.g., diet, exercise, mental health, and anxiety.