Around 1.5 million people in the UK have a learning disability, and can often find it more difficult than others to describe their symptoms. So a good knowledge of legislation and the healthcare system, as well as an understanding of signs and symptoms of various conditions, is essential for anyone working with individuals with learning disabilities. This course will tick the boxes for you.
– Understanding the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
– Principles of safeguarding and protection
– Introduction to personalisation in social care
– Principles of positive risk-taking for individuals with disabilities
– Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
– Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare
By undertaking this programme, learners will be able to further their own continuous professional development, which may improve their career prospects. Learners may then wish to progress on to further qualifications.
To enrol for Telford College Distance Learning you must be aged 19+ as of the 31/08/21, be a resident of England and have lived in the EU for the last three years. You cannot be currently studying on any other course with us or another provider.
This is a Distance Learning programme. On enrolment you will be issued with all the relevant online learning materials required to complete the qualification. These materials have been officially endorsed by the Awarding Organisation, NCFE CACHE. The learning materials comprise a set of high-quality online knowledge workbooks alongside an easily accessible electronic platform that allows learners to complete a portfolio of evidence and demonstrate their achievement of all the learning outcomes associated with each unit. Learners are also assigned an assessor whom they can speak to should they require advice at any stage.