FINANCIAL SUPPORT AND BURSARIES
We may be able to help you cover the costs of studying at Telford College.
Guidance on financial help is available from our in-house financial support team. They can help you to navigate any funding or bursaries you may be entitled to.
For example, you may be eligible for bursary support if you are:
- In care or a care leaver
- Receiving income support or universal credit in your own right
- Receiving Employment Support Allowance and, Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payments in your own right
DISCRETIONARY AWARD & CHILDCARE FUND
You may be eligible if you/your parents/guardians have a total household income of below £35,000, or are claiming out-of-work benefits.
We may be able to help you with:
- Travel expenses, including bus pass, support with train travel, support with fuel expenses or post-16 transport
- College meals
- Essential books, materials, equipment and uniform for your course
- Professional fees (such as Association of Accounting Technicians – AAT), exam fees and UCAS fees
- Help with childcare fees for when you are at college or work/industry placement
FREE COLLEGE MEALS
Are you entitled to a free college meal? The answer could be yes, if you are aged 16-18 and your parent/guardian receives any of the following:
- Income support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit with net earnings not exceeding the equivalent of £7,400 per year
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided not entitled to Working Tax Credit with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 (assessed by HM Customs and Revenue)
- Working Tax Credit run-on (rules apply)
If you are aged 19-24 and are subject to an Education, Health & Care Plan (EHCP), you may also be entitled to free meals if you are in receipt of one of the qualifying benefits above.
You may also be entitled to free meals if you claimed them at school, if you can provide proof.