Elaine to speak at International Women’s Day eventPublished: February 5, 2021
Telford College health and social care tutor Elaine Colley will be part of a power-packed line-up of guest speakers for a special event to mark International Women’s Day.
The afternoon of online networking from 2pm-4pm on March 8, has been organised by Shropshire Chamber of Commerce.
- Reserve your place for September HERE
- Find our full time course options HERE
- University level courses are HERE
It will also include presentations from a former Telford College student who has become beautician to the stars, a Guinness world record holder, a High Sheriff, a local MP . . . and many more.
International Women’s Day is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women.
Shropshire Chamber wants to celebrate ‘amazing business women’ from across the county – each of the speakers will be sharing stories and top tips from their areas of expertise, and fascinating careers.
Elaine went back into the NHS after 13 years at the start of the pandemic, to help care for Covid-19 patients on the front line and received recognition in the Chamber’s ‘Champion of Champion’ awards.
The rest of the line-up for the event includes:
- DEBORAH MITCHELL: The owner of Heaven, based in Shifnal, who has built a multi-million pound global beauty brand with an array of famous clients – and is a former Telford College
- KELDA WOOD MBE: Founder of the Climbing Out charity who wrote herself into the Guinness Book of Records as the first adaptive athlete to row single handed across the Atlantic.
- DEAN HARRIS: High Sheriff of Shropshire, magistrate and businesswoman, who will talk about how the pandemic forced her to be creative and agile during her shrieval year.
- SUZANNE SHORROCK: A nutritionist and personal trainer for more than 20 years, she is the founder of Girls Gt Lean, a new diet and fitness platform.
- HAYLEY OWEN: The growth programme and strategy manager in the economic development department at Shropshire Council, and member of the Shrewsbury Big Town Plan Partnership.
- STEPHANIE HENSON: After years of being glued to her computer and phone, she wanted a conscious uncoupling with tech – and has launched a new venture called techtimeout.
- LUCY ALLAN: Conservative member of parliament for Telford Lucy became the first female Shropshire MP in almost a century when she was originally elected in 2015.
The event is free to Shropshire Chamber members who have a Standard, Standard Plus, Corporate, Premium or Patron membership, with a charge of £10 for others.
Teresa Rowe, Shropshire Chamber’s events manager, said: “We’re delighted with this power-packed line-up, which has real variety and gravitas.
“Delegates will get chance to hear from experts in the fields of health, beauty, fitness, nutrition, technology, economic development, politics, and a whole lot more. It promises to be a truly memorable and inspirational occasion.”
For more details, or to book a place, see www.shropshire-chamber.co.uk/events/international-womens-day-conference/ or call the Chamber team on 01952 208200.