The passport to a dream career
Preparing our young people and adults for their next step is integral to everything we do at Telford College, and we work with over 700 employers locally and nationally through partnerships, industry placements, specialist employer hubs, apprenticeships and mentoring schemes. We also work with universities throughout the UK, who pay us regular visits, to work with students and provide expert advice.
Through a comprehensive careers programme we ensure your young person will have opportunities to meet employers and Higher Education providers. They will be able to develop their skills and knowledge of the workplace, learn how to apply for work/higher education and have opportunities to explore all their options beyond college. Here are some examples of how this is achieved:
- The support of a Personal Tutor, which includes supporting them with their university applications.
- Comprehensive Tutorial programme which includes opportunities to explore career options through Unifrog, writing CV’s and Covering Letters and understanding interview/application processes.
- Encounters with employers through careers fairs, National Apprenticeship Week and within curriculum areas.
- Support finding work experience
- Bookable 1-1 careers advice appointments.
Our dedicated team of career advisors are here to support them with their aspirations – whether it be employment, an apprenticeship, higher education or further studies at college.
This means we can provide them with the best possible support, as students build links towards their chosen career.
Are you looking to enhance your qualifications or re-train for a career change?
Our friendly careers advice team can help you. We can examine what you need to change career or progress to the next level within your current job. Request an advice, guidance and careers appointment today.