Kickstart Academy PRU
Welcome to Kickstart Academy
Kickstart Academy is a Key Stage 4 Secondary School (PRU) based at Telford College. We provide learning programmes for 48 pupils who are referred from within the Telford and Wrekin area.
This referral takes place through the well-established Fair Access Process (FAP), due to behaviour concerns or being at risk of permanent exclusion or those that are permanently excluded from school.
We pride ourselves in supporting learners with a wide range of difficulties, with the intention of them returning to mainstream education. Where this is not viable, students remain with ourselves and we look to achieve the best possible outcomes for our young people.
Our ethos at Kickstart Academy is for students to learn and develop as a young person in the most positive way possible, we pride ourselves on giving students the opportunity to better themselves, read our curriculum statement here.
Access our pupil premium report here.
- Tom Cash – Head Teacher (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Peter Ford – Behaviour and Pastoral Manager (Head Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Joanne Kimm – Behaviour and Pastoral Coach
- Justyna Jankowska – School Administrator
- Katy Roberts – Teacher (Head of Teaching and Learning)
- Alison Lewis – Teacher (SENCO)
- Jennifer Fitzgerald – Teacher
- Georgia Coultas – Teacher
- Marie Roy – Teaching Assistant
- Shaid Javid – Teaching Assistant
At Kickstart Academy we offer a wide array of opportunities to our students, with them being at the centre of our curriculum offer. Our curriculum offers the following array of subjects:
- Maths (GCSE and Functional Skills)
- English (GCSE Literature/Language and Functional Skills)
- Science (GCSE and Entry Level)
- Art (GCSE)
- Physical Education
- Sports Science (Level 1 and 2)
- Religious Studies (GCSE)
- Cooking (Level 1)
- Employability (Entry Level, Level 1 and Level 2)
- Vocational Courses (Telford College)
- Work Experience Placements
- Kickstart Academy – ‘Always Learning’
- L – Learning is everything – Teaching and Learning (Quality of Education)
- E – Every child matters – Safeguarding
- A – Achieving full potential – Outcomes (Quality of education)
- R – Resilience to challenge – Behaviour and attitudes
- N – Now is your time – Personal Development
- Students are learning at Kickstart Academy.
- Our planning and marking ensure that every lesson builds on the learning of the last
- Reflects our aspirations that what our students learn at Kickstart Academy will build the foundations for the future.
- Reflects our commitment for self-improvement.
- Acknowledging that it is essential that students play their part in their learning by being openly reflective and evaluative.
- Mistakes are fine if learning follows.
- It is accessible as an expression to all of our students.
- It is easily woven into our day to day dialogue with students.
- It reflects our purpose at Kickstart Academy– learning is what we aim to do the best.
- We can always get better at what we do through perseverance, resilience and determination.
- It is aspirational –there is always something more you can learn.
- Great learners can make a great contribution.
- Learning is everything –it’s not just about being good at academic things.
- Students increasingly need to be adaptable to a fast changing world.
Values and ethos
At Kickstart Academy - We aim to:
- Inspire and motivate our students to become energetic, self reflective and successful learners.
- Have high expectations for our students and instil in them the confidence to challenge themselves.
- Ensure that our students can make lifelong confident and positive contributions by enhancing both academic and personal development.
- Provide a safe and secure learning environment and establish genuine partnerships with parents.
Monday to Friday
Registration: 09:00 – 09:20
Lesson 1: 09:20 – 10:10
Lesson 2: 10:10 – 11:00
Break: 11:00 – 11:20
Lesson 3: 11:20 – 12:10
Lesson 4: 12:10 – 13:00
Lunch: 13:00 – 13:40
Lesson 5: 13:40 – 14:30
Extra-Curricular: 14:30 – 15:20
At Kickstart Academy we value the importance of a thorough careers programme. We work closely with the local authority services to ensure that we provide the best opportunity for our young people to experience work and develop the skills in which to further themselves in the future with further study and employment. As a school we work towards the Gatsby Benchmarks and the appropriate level of careers programme that is applicable for our young people. If you require any further information about the careers programme please contact Tom Cash the Careers Leader on 01952 642541.
If you should require paper copies of any of the information displayed in this website then please contact the school office on 01952 642402.
Timetable download yours here - Timetable 2019/2020
Pupil Referral Unit for Key Stage 4
For information regarding the provision, referral process, policies, curriculum offer, exam results and staffing or any further information regarding Kickstart Academy, please contact us using the contacts below:
Tom Cash (Interim Headteacher)
Telephone: 01952 642541
Justyna Jankowska (Administration)
Telephone: 01952 642402
Peter Ford (Behavioural Support Tutor)
Telephone: 01952 642503
Alison Lewis (SENCO)
Academy Sponsor: Telford College