Study in your own time and with no course fees with our
Distance Learning courses at Telford College!
With people living increasingly flexible lifestyles, Telford College wants to ensure that everyone has access to learning, offering qualifications that will improve job prospects and career progression.
Distance Learning gives you the flexibility to study when and where you want, with no requirement to attend College. All that we need is your commitment – with most courses lasting 12 weeks you will need to be confident you can complete in your own time, especially if you work full-time.
We currently offer over twenty different accredited programmes of study, including Customer Service, Dementia Care, Counselling Skills and Understanding Safeguarding & Prevent; and with further courses being added regularly we are confident there is something to suit everyone.
Free Courses for Home Study
All of our Distance Learning courses are free and start dates can be suited to you, meaning you can enrol at any time.
Courses currently available:
- Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Business Administration
- Common Health Conditions
- Counselling Skills
- Customer Service
- Dignity & Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- Equality and Diversity
- Falls Prevention Awareness
- Information, Advice or Guidance
- Prevention & Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Care Planning
- Dementia Care
- End of Life Care
- Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Team Leading
- Understanding Autism
- Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
New course for the 2019/2020 Academic Year!
- Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Customer Service for Health and Social Care Settings
- Understanding Data Protection and Data Security
- Improving Personal Exercise, Health and Nutrition
- Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
- Understanding Workplace Violence and Harassment
When you enrol with Telford College you receive all the relevant Distance Learning course materials you will need, and will be assigned an assessor who will be on hand to support your learning experience and provide any assistance you require.
To qualify for these free courses, students must:
- Be aged 19+ as of the 31/08/2019
- Have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Be a resident of England (please note some geographic exemptions may apply)
- Not currently studying on any other adult education course
To find out more information or to enrol on a course please call the Distance Learning team on 01952 642335 or email us at DistanceLearning@telfordcollege.ac.uk and we will be happy to help.
Alternatively, complete the form below and a Distance Learning enrolment pack will be sent out to you within five working days:
“The benefit of this course is that you can do it in your own time to fit around your work and family life, you don’t have to come into college – and apart from some postage costs, it’s free.”