Study in your own time and with no course fees* with our
Distance Learning courses at Telford College!
With people living increasingly flexible lifestyles, Telford College wants to ensure that everyone has access to learning, offering qualifications that will improve job prospects and career progression.
Distance Learning gives you the flexibility to study when and where you want, with no requirement to attend College. All that we need is your commitment – with most courses lasting 12 weeks you will need to be confident you can complete in your own time, especially if you work full-time.
We currently offer over twenty different accredited programmes of study, including Customer Service, Dementia Care, Counselling Skills and Understanding Safeguarding & Prevent; and with further courses being added regularly we are confident there is something to suit everyone.
Free Online Courses for Home Study
All of our Distance Learning courses are free* and start dates can be suited to you, meaning you can enrol at any time.
Courses currently available:
Health, Public Services and Care
- Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Common Health Conditions
- Counselling Skills
- Customer Service for Health and Social Care Settings
- Dignity & Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- Information, Advice or Guidance
- Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Prevention & Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Dementia Care
- End of Life Care
- Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Understanding Autism
- Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- Understanding Mental Health First Aid & Mental Health Advocacy in the Workplace *new*
- Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Understanding Working with People with Mental Health Needs
- Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Improving Personal Exercise, Health and Nutrition
Business, Administration and Law
- Business Administration
- Understanding Data Protection and Data Security
- Customer Service
- Equality and Diversity
- Team Leading
- Understanding Workplace Violence and Harassment
Education and Training
When you enrol with Telford College you will receive full access to our dedicated online portal where you will find all the course materials you will need to study. You will also be assigned an assessor who will be on hand to support your learning experience and provide any assistance you require.
To qualify for these free* courses, students must:
- Be aged 19+ as of the 31/08/2021
- Have lived in the EU for the last three years
- Be a resident of England (please note some geographic exemptions may apply, see below)
- Not currently studying on any other adult education course
- If you are aged 19-23 you will also need to hold a Full level 2 qualification
- We regret that we are no longer able to provide these courses for individuals living in the following combined authority areas:
Greater London, Greater Manchester, Liverpool City, Cambridge & Peterborough, North of Tyne, Sheffield City, West Yorkshire, Tees Valley and West of England.
To find out more information or to enrol on a course please call the Distance Learning team on 01952 642335 or email us at DistanceLearning@telfordcollege.ac.uk and we will be happy to help.
* Subject to eligibility – dependent on individual circumstances and prior attainment. To check your funding eligibility please contact us.
Alternatively, complete the form below and a Distance Learning enrolment pack will be sent out to you within five working days:
To access your online portfolio please visit
www.e-assessor.co.uk or click image below.
“The benefit of this course is that you can do it
in your own time to fit around your work and
family life, you don’t have to come into college
– and apart from some postage costs, it’s free.”